Refer a patient
The VCU Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center is focused on improving the quality of life of individuals with movement disorders. We recognize the importance of developing and maintaining working relationships with health care professionals to accomplish this goal.
We are a resource for referring physicians, patients and families. One-time consultations or periodic consultations for movement disorders patients following with their local providers are available. We are also happy to assume the care of movement disorders cases if desired by the referring physician, patient and/or family.
Our specialists are available to provide care for the full spectrum of movement disorders.
Reasons for referral
- Primary diagnosis of, or to rule out, a movement disorder
- Second opinion on a diagnosis of a movement disorder
- Advice on complete management of a movement disorder
- Potential Clinical Research candidate
The following information should be sent to the Clinic Coordinator to refer a patient:
- Demographics including patient name, current address and telephone number, and date of birth
- Insurance information, copies of current insurance cards helpful
- Medical records
- Any radiology done in the last year, please send the actual films in addition to the finding report
- Laboratory results or reports for genetic tests conducted in relationship to the diagnosis
Please fax the above information to (804) 662-9178.
Films should be mailed to our office:
Billy Reynolds Jr. Building, First Floor
6605 W. Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23230