Center in the news
- 03/21/2015 - Fighting Huntington disease
- 07/10/2014 - Bennett: Path to curing brain diseases must continue, Richmond Times Dispatch guest column
- 07/01/2014 - VCU Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center to test new therapeutic option for GI symptoms
- 06/21/2014 - Living with ALS: Looking for a cure
- 06/01/2014 - Hello, Health: Movin' & Shakin' 5K, Our Health Magazine Richmond
- 06/01/2014 - Breaking the Silence: Essential Tremors, Our Health Magazine Richmond
- 02/27/2014 - Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation and Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine Partner to Support Novel Research for Mitochondrial-Directed Therapies
- 02/18/2014 - VCU to co-host essential tremor seminar
- 10/11/2013 - Researchers Participate in World Parkinson Congress
- 10/02/2013 - VCU Expands Parkinson's Center - WCVE's Charles Fishburne reports
- 09/23/2013 - Parkinson's & Movement Disorders Center moves into bigger space: Clinical care and translational research in one convenient location
- 08/26/13 - Linda Ronstadt, Michael J. Fox Soften Parkinson's 'Cruel' Hand - ABC News
Dr. James Bennett provides expert commentary
- 07/24/2013 - Bennett: Translational research is alive and well at VCU, Richmond Times Dispatch guest column
- 07/02/13 - VCU July Faculty & Staff Features 2013 - Patricia Trimmer, PhD
- 06/21/13 - VCU Researcher Part of National Team Investigating a Novel Drug for the Treatment of Chorea in Huntington Disease (HD)
- 05/01/13 - Interdisciplinary Program at VCU Cares for Huntington Disease Patients
- 03/18/13 - Researchers Identify Parkinson's Link
- 10/21/12 - Dr. Mark Baron's eye-testing study highlighted on Fox23 News in Albany, New York
- 10/09/12 - Dr. Mark Baron's eye-testing study highlighted on ABC12 in Flint, Michigan
- 08/06/12 - http://news.vcu.edu/article/VCU_Awarded_Grant_from_Michael_J_Fox_Foundation_for_Parkinsons
- 04/27/12 - Partners for Discovery
Dr. Claudia Testa is awarded the Joan Massey Clinical Chair in Parkinson's Disease in the Spring 2012 Dean's Discovery Report.
- 04/27/12 - From Discovery to Patient Care
Dr. James Bennett is highlighted for his work in translational research in the Spring 2012 Dean's Discovery Report.
- 12/20/11 - From Discovery to Patient Care
- 09/28/11 - New VCU Parkinson’s Center Focuses on Research, Treatments and Education
Center's clinical site now open
- 09/27/11 - VCU School of Medicine Profiles -- Leslie Cloud, MD, MSc
- 09/26/11 - Movers and Shakers live up to their name
The Movers and Shakers, a local Parkinson's advocacy group is recognized for their success in raising $5 million to create a comprehensive Parkinson's and Movement Disorders Center at VCU.
- Spring 2011 - My Life with Parkinson's Disease
Charles F. Bryan, Jr. describes his life after diagnosis and efforts to establish the Center in Richmond Academy of Medicine's Spring 2011 issue of Ramifications.
- 03/29/11 - VCU’s Dr. James Bennett to Speak at RWC to Support Parkinson’s Awareness Month
Dr. James Bennett, Center Director, speaks at Rappahannock Westminster Canterbury on the Northern Neck of Virginia.
- 09/03/10 - Parkinson’s Center Unites Researchers, Clinicians, Patients Against Common Enemy
Highlights and comments on the Center's development
- 10/02/09 - VCU School of Medicine Profiles - James Bennett, MD, PhD